Julie Hess, President
For nearly two decades, Julie Hess has worked with individuals, teams and organizations to achieve breakthrough results. Julie began her career in the plastics manufacturing industry, working with clients to help solve manufacturing challenges. Later she took her passion for solving problems into the world of strategy and organizational consulting first at CSC Index and then later at Motorola where she was an executive in the Leadership and Organization Effectiveness Group. Julie’s background in both operations and organization development enables her to see the challenges clients face from all sides of the equation. Since founding Catalyst Consulting and Coaching Inc. in 2001, Julie has worked with clients in a broad array of industries including KPMG, Kraft Foods, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, McDonald’s, Arcelor Mittal, Lowe’s, Honda America, Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, and Navistar.
Julie's coaching practice is focused on supporting emerging and experienced leaders who are committed to improving their performance. She often works with leaders as they prepare to move into new roles, helping them to proactively consider and address new challenges in the role so they are positioned to lead most effectively. Her experience working in a Fortune 50 corporation ensures that she understands both the business challenges and the organizational environment in which her clients work. As a coach, Julie can be counted on to be an authentic, thoughtful and direct partner supporting her clients to achieve both individual and organizational goals.
In 2001 Julie completed the intensive year-long program in individual and organizational coaching at The Hudson Institute of Coaching in Santa Barbara, one of the leading executive coaching certification organizations in the US and an International Coach Federation (ICF) accredited program. In 2007, Julie was appointed to the faculty of the Hudson Institute.
Julie also serves on the faculty at Northwestern University in the Master of Science in Learning and Organizational Change (MSLOC) program.
- Certification 2001: Individual and Organizational Coaching, The Hudson Institute
- MBA 1996: Kellogg Graduate School of Business, Northwestern University
- MEM 1996: McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
- BS 1991: Business and Organizational Communications, DePaul University
Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- PCC, Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Certified Executive Coach, The Hudson Institute of Coaching
- The Leadership Circle 360 Assessment
- The Leadership Circle Culture Assessment
- Lominger Leadership Architect
- Lominger Voices 360
- MRG Leadership Effectiveness Analysis