For over two decades, Julie Hess has worked with individuals, teams and organizations to achieve breakthrough results.
Julie began her career in the plastics manufacturing industry, working with OEM clients to help solve complex design and manufacturing challenges. Later she took her passion for solving problems into the world of strategy and organizational consulting, first at CSC Index and later at Motorola where she was an executive in their Leadership and Organization Effectiveness Group.
Julie’s background in both operations and organization development enables her to see the challenges clients face from all sides of the equation. Since founding Catalyst Consulting and Coaching Inc. in 2001, Julie has worked with clients in a broad array of industries including: ACI Worldwide, Arcelor Mittal, Brunswick, Covance, Ohio Health, Hireology, Honda America, KPMG, Kraft Foods, Lowe’s, McDonald’s, The Michael J. Fox Foundation, Mondelez, Navistar, Procore, PWC, The Warranty Group, Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, UpWork and Vizient.
Julie's coaching practice is focused on supporting emerging and experienced leaders who are committed to improving their performance. She often works with leaders as they prepare to move into new roles, helping them to proactively consider and address new challenges in the role so they are positioned to lead most effectively. She also leverages her extensive experience in strategic planning, organization design and change management to coach leaders as they navigate today’s complex business environment.
As a coach, Julie can be counted on to be an authentic, thoughtful and direct partner supporting her clients to achieve both individual and organizational goals. Her experience working in leadership roles in a privately held manufacturing company, a technology startup and a Fortune 50 corporation ensures that she understands a wide variety of business challenges and the organizational environments in which her clients work.
In 2001 Julie completed the year-long program in individual and organizational coaching at The Hudson Institute of Coaching in Santa Barbara, one of the leading executive coaching certification organizations in the US and an International Coach Federation (ICF) accredited program. In 2007, Julie was appointed to the faculty of the Hudson Institute.
In 2019 Julie completed the year-long program in Coaching Supervison at The Coaching Supervison Academy based in the UK. In her capacity as a coach supervisor Julie works with other coaches, both 1:1 and in small groups, to take their learning and develpment to the next level.
Julir also serves on the faculty at Northwestern University in the Master of Science in Learning and Organizational Change (MSLOC) program where she teaches “Executing Strategic Change in Organizations.
- Certification 2019: Coach Supervisor, CSA: The Coaching Supervison Academy International
- Certification 2001: Individual and Organizational Coaching, The Hudson Institute
- MBA 1996: Kellogg Graduate School of Business, Northwestern University
- MEM 1996: McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
- BS 1991: Business and Organizational Communications, DePaul University
Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- PCC, Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Certified Coach Supervisor, CSA: The Coaching Supervison Academy International
- Certified Executive Coach, The Hudson Institute of Coaching
- The Leadership Circle 360 Assessment
- The Leadership Circle Culture Assessment
- Hogan Assessment Tools
- Be Well, Lead Well Leadership Assessment
- MRG Leadership Effectiveness Analysis
- Lominger Leadership Architect
- Lominger Voices 360